COVID-19 Patient Update
To All of our Patient Family,
We hope you and your family are in good health and remain safe during this challenging time. We have all be through an unprecedented experience and we are looking forward to returning to more normal and routine days. While many things in our world has changed, our dentists and team members remain committed to ensuring that your visit is a safe and comforting experience.
We understand that many of you have been forced to wait for dental care. We are happy to say that we are planning on opening our office for patient treatment in the very near future.
A safe, secure, and sterile environment has always been a key pillar of how we operate our dental practice. It remains one of our top priorities to ensure we minimize any real or perceived risks of exposure to viruses or contagions. However, in light of the recent coronavirus specific concerns, we have taken additional measures to enhance the existing infection policies, procedures and controls we have in place.
You may have not noticed before, but we have always ensured our practices are fully in compliance with the recommendations of the Provincial and Federal Public Health Agencies, the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario and Ontario Dental Association.
As a result of the increased recommendations driven by the current pandemic, we have enhanced these infection control policies and you will see some changes at your next appointment. We have made these changes to help protect our patients, team members and our families, including
- Pre-Screening of all patients prior to their appointment and again at the office entrance
- Temperature checks for patients upon entry of the clinic
- You will find hand sanitizer at the front door and throughout the office as well as disposable face masks that will ask you to use when you enter the office
- We will be asking you to wait outside or in your car until your appointment time
- Appointments will be staggered and managed to allow for social distancing between patients and staff.
- We will be limiting the number of patients and team members in the practice at any given time
- Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for all clinical and administrative staff and team members.
- Daily temperature checks of all team members.
- Extra time scheduled between appointments to allow thorough cleaning and disinfection of treatment rooms and equipment.
We look forward to seeing you again soon. Our focus is taking appropriate steps to make sure all our patients and staff feel comfortable within our practice. Your oral health remains tremendously important to us and we look forward to taking care of you during this challenging time and well into the future.
Thanks for being our Patient.
Dr. Whitehead Dr. Brady, Dr. Pillon and all of the Harrow Dental Team.